Wearing: ASOS geo print shell top, ASOS pink texture skirt, Topshop black sandals, Louis Vuitton Alma BB, Corky crane earrings, Karen Walker bunny ring (via Beginning Boutique), Claire Aristides heart bracelet & Le Specs sunnies (similar here).
Week one of uni has started, I’m a fifth year and I just can’t wait to introduce myself as the oldest student taking Crim in tute next week. I honestly don’t know why I left a typically first year subject so late in my degree other than the fact that my past self definitely was looking for a big thank you from my current self when I realised last week that the only thing we had learnt in Crim this week was how to locate an Act in the library. Things are pretty cruisey at the moment – I spent the last 48 hours of my life building and moving furniture and the last two hours watching funny clips of Ellen hosting the Oscars. But obviously it won’t be long before I start to pull my hair out! The joys of law school where there are minimal contact hours and maximal behind-the-scenes studying..
I think I’ve discovered a new art of dressing these days – simple, bright palettes with pops of texture. Funnily enough, what has inspired me through such a phase is not anyone one on the street or anything in a shop, but rather Scandinavian Interiors. I’ve been spending far too much time browsing through Pinterest looking at modern living areas, contemporary rugs in striking geometric patterns and all things crisp, bright and/or white that I feel like I’ve suddenly started dressing like my taste in furniture. Who knew you could take personal style advice from looking at a nicely positioned tallboy?
Photos: Rowena Cao.
You sweet readers always ask me questions about what beauty products I use so I thought I’d round up of a few of my current favourites for a post today :-). It often takes me a while to find products that I love and know I’d personally re-buy – my skin is naturally oily and products often only stay on for a couple of hours before deciding to disintegrate on my skin. So aside from the fact that primer is my best friend, I’m always looking for products that are long wearing, crease proof and do not oxidise.
I will never recommend a product I have only used once because I always need to wear something multiple times in order to know whether it works for my skin. These products below are all ones I’ve been using for a fair while and are ones I would personally recommend to all my friends and readers.
1) Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation: I use this and also MAC Studio Fix with SPF. Both leave a flawless finish however Luminous Silk is definitely what I reach for for every day wear – it doesn’t oxidise as much as Studio Fix and has a really light but build-able texture.
2) Dior Vernis & Essie polish: My top two polish brands that will stay on your nails long after you’ve gotten sick of the colour.
3) Dior Diorshow art pen: I would say I’m more of a gel liner girl however I just haven’t found one that works for me yet. My eyelids are extremely oily and everything I put on my eye always ends up transferring to my upper lid and bottom lid at some point during the day. MAC Fluidline is probably the best I’ve tried so far when it comes to gel – I’m still hoping to find something even more perfect than that though. Whilst I’m searching, I have found liquid seems to stay put a little better than gel – this Dior liquid liner has been doing a pretty good job on staying where it belongs.
4) ModelCo fibre lash: There needs to be more of these kinds of products in Australia. This is definitely the secret to longer and more voluminous lashes for all Asians like me who don’t have all that many lashes. Love it to bits.
5) Clinique chubby stick: I’ve basically stopped using lipstick ever since I popped open one of these. It’s a moisturising lip balm but has a really nice tint that almost makes it look like a light creamy lipstick. So good for every day wear – I bring it with my every where.
I hope this answers a few of your questions and gives you an insight on what I use both every day and to create my posts here. As always, I’m happy to answer any questions you might have :-)
Wearing: Miss Shop Myer t-shirt, Topshop gingham cigarette trousers, Topshop sandals, Coach large Lowell satchel (similar here), Miss Shop Myer hat, Vanessa Mooney necklace, Corky silver crane earrings, Karen Walker bunny ring and handmade knot ring. Nails: Ciate ‘Poppet’.
I was cleaning out my wardrobe the other day and whilst reorganising my wardrobe into tops, bottoms, dresses and coats, I noticed something. I own about four pairs of pants but about 40 pairs of tights. This is probably due to the fact that I became the owner of quite a collection of black opaque tights when going through high school, some four years ago. So in an effort to balance this out (if there is so much yin, it’s only natural to balance it out with equal parts yang, right?), I picked up this happy chappy pair on a late night Topshop browse last week. I’m telling myself that it’s definitely time to graduate from wearing tights five days a week. Fifth year of uni starts today, surely that’s not five years too late?
Photos: Rowena Cao.