travel

LOVE LETTERS FROM LONDON PART III

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 1

Wearing: Gorman dress | Gorman scarf | Bared vulture pink casual sneaker | Ace of Something Aspen fedora | Fossil Sydney satchel in heritage blue

We’re heading into central London for the last instalment of my London travel favourites from this trip! The atmosphere of London is buzzing in summer and ten times more lively than in winter. The sun shines til 8pm, can you believe it? In winter when I was last there, it was pitch black by about 4:30pm.. Here are some of my favourites (some old favourites we just had to visit again & some new discoveries which we were excited to see for the first time) of what’s in and around the centre of this city.

OXFORD CIRCUS

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 2k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 3k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 4k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 5k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 6k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 7k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 8k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 9

Of course no trip to London is without a trip to Oxford St to do a day (or three!) of shopping. We spent an afternoon here wandering around. The beautiful junctions in this area always get me and every time I see a bunch of red double decker buses come by, I always have the urge to whip out my camera and take a zillion shots. All the local brands, designer boutiques and international high street stores are here and when it comes to popular chains such as Zara & H&M, don’t be surprised when you start seeing triples. They’re everywhere! If you’re looking for a bite to eat – there’s a ‘weigh & pay’ cafe just behind the street by the name of Ethos. Also fun to try out is Vapiano, an Italian eatery where they cook the pasta/pizza in front of you. There’s even one in Melbourne now but the London one is much better!

COVENT GARDEN

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 10k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 11k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 12

Covent Garden is a beautiful area to wander around. Just a few steps from the busy Oxford St but still packed with places to shop, theatres and little boutiques too. It’s a beautiful place to walk around as it’s paved with cobblestones in many areas – head into the small lane ways too because you might just discover the below..

NEAL’S YARD

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 13k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 15k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 14k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 16

Have you heard of Neal’s Yard Remedies – the brand stocking ethical skincare/bodycare products and ever wondered where the name came from? Well I finally figured it out. There’s this most beautiful alleyway hidden behind the seven dials in Covent Garden by the name of Neal’s Yard. Probably my most favourite place in London at the moment, I’m so glad we made it here! Its buildings are covered with vines and surround a little yard scattered with benches and trees. Aside from a Neal’s Yard Remedies store, there are lots of cafes around here with one of my favourite being the Wild Food Cafe which is up a flight of narrow stairs, above Neal’s Yard Remedies. It serves extremely delicious raw food and juices in a very casual atmosphere overlooking the alleyway from above. Definitely get a seat by the open windows! Also popular around here is a pizza joint just near the entrance of Neal’s Yard which was spilling with people ordering gigantic slices of pizza. We really wanted to try but the line was just too long!

BOROUGH MARKET

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 17k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 18k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 19k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 20k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 21k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 22

Wearing: May the Label stripe tee | Alice McCall skirt | Fossil Sydney satchel in heritage blue | Fossil original boyfriend chronograph watch in navy | Andrea Moore Cruise sunnies | Bared black Toucan lace-up sandals

A favourite of ours is also Borough Market. Get off at London Bridge station and take a five minute walk. You’ll smell the food before you see the venue and it is here where you’ll find one of the best food markets of London. There’s German hotdogs, Ethiopian, Thai, Middle Eastern (the list goes on really!), the biggest oysters you’ll ever see (the largest oysters were as big as my hands, no kidding!), cheese, hams & bread, flowers, fresh fruit & veges, juices, music and so much more. A few hours are most definitely needed to wander around and try out all that’s on offer.

PRET-A-MANGER

k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 23k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 24k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 25k is for kani london travel diary guide things to do 2015 26

Our time in London is most definitely without multiple visits to Pret-a-Manger (or just call it Pret like the locals!). It’s a healthy fast food joint where everything is handmade in store each day. It serves sandwiches (with super yummy fillings), rolls, salads, sushi, fruit salads, drinks and even hard boiled eggs! I have no idea what the locals think of this place but  personally I’d say it seems pretty popular. I’m personally obsessed with it and just wish something similar would open up in Australia – there really aren’t enough healthy fast food options over here. I also spotted a new chain (or a chain I just hadn’t seen before the last time I was in London) called Wasabi. It’s similar to Pret but stocks sushi and bento boxes to go!

I hope you enjoyed our guide to some of the new places we visited in London this week. If you’re interested in seeing our previous London travel diaries, you can check them out here. 36 hours was most definitely not enough in this city, I want to be back already! We’re currently in Croatia now and have fallen in love with this country too. I’m beyond excited and can’t wait to take you on a photographic journey with us there.
For on the go updates, follow me on Instagram. I also created a Snapchat account too! Add me by searching ‘kisforkani’. I’ll speak to you soon!
Photos: Thomas Debono & I
  • Pin this page22
  • 22

You Might Also Like...

23 Comments

Sara Nuša Golob Grabner
    August 25, 2015 at 11:09 PM

This post is amazing. So beautiful!

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:07 AM

so happy you enjoyed it, sara :-)

Rachel
    August 25, 2015 at 11:40 PM

There’s a Pret on nearly every corner in London. If you’re a Londoner, it’s a diet staple!

Rachel | http://www.currentlyrachel.com

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:07 AM

so true!

lavieenliz
    August 25, 2015 at 11:56 PM

London in the summer seems amazing

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:07 AM

definitely a lot different to any other season :-)

nueyork
    August 26, 2015 at 2:23 AM

Everything is just so stunning! What a beautiful city. x

nueyork.blogspot.com

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM

it is, isn’t it!

Andrea Ryan
    August 26, 2015 at 2:28 AM

So much color everywhere! London looks amazing.

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Winnie_dc
    August 26, 2015 at 3:11 AM

You’re right, Pret do some pretty great sandwiches etc and I’ve never really given it a second thought until you mentioned it as it’s such a popular chain all over England! I like all the places you mentioned. I had the raw pizza at the Wild food cafe a while ago and their peach and white chocolate tart. So so good and healthy!

kisforkani
      August 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM

haha i’m obsessed with pret! we are always there when we are in london. oh i didn’t get to try the raw pizza but it sounds so delicious, will have to make a trip back soon :-)

aprileveryday
    August 26, 2015 at 5:39 AM

I’ve always wanted to visit Borough Market and keep making plans to go but end up not going for whatever reason! A trip to london is definitely not complete without a trip to oxford street and covent garden. I absolutely love it there, though it can get super busy in the main square. After seeing all your posts, I’m dying to take a trip down to London now haha!
    xo April | April Everyday

kisforkani
      August 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Oh you have to go to Borough Market! It’s super packed but so worth the trip, we’ve been twice now because tom loves it way too much haha and the food markets in Melbourne are just not the same!

Annabel
    August 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I feel like the worst Londoner now, I need to go back and appreciate my own city!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

kisforkani
      August 27, 2015 at 1:20 AM

Haha it’s always different when you live in it. I’m born in Melbourne and I doubt I’ve looked at my city this closely either!

Bivisyani Q.
    August 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Neal’s Yard looks like absolute heaven on earth! I love the surrounding greeneries around and the gorgeous old buildings!

To be honest, I’ve never heard of Neal’s Yard Remedies – maybe because I’m not big into beauty products – but now that I’ve seen this hidden alleyways – and I LOVE my alleys! – I’d really like to check the place out. Seriously, your gorgeous shots make me drool every time. I reckon, you can even make grey, old, polluted Jakarta look amazing!

Alive as Always

kisforkani
      August 27, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Haha you have to check it out in London! I am a big fan of little alleyways too, the main streets are always so busy.. though this one was pretty busy too. I’d love to come to Jakarta some time, I’m sure it’s not as grey as you make it out to be :P

Iulia Elena
    August 26, 2015 at 5:36 PM

London is my favourite city ever so I loved reading this post along with part 1 and 2! xo

kisforkani
      August 27, 2015 at 1:22 AM

So happy you loved this! :)

Ghenet
    August 26, 2015 at 7:43 PM

How sweet! You’ve inspired me to do a little more exploring of my city!

whatthouseest.blogspot.com

kisforkani
      August 27, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Yay! So happy you liked this post :)

katherinearainey
      August 29, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Work at Home Special Report………After earning an average of 19952 Dollars monthly,I’m finally getting 98 Dollars an hour,just working 4-5 hours daily online….It’s time to take some action and you can join it too.It is simple,dedicated and easy way to get rich.Three weeks from now you will wishyou have started today – I promise!….HERE I STARTED-TAKE A LOOK AT..il….

➤➤➤➤ http://getextratoplevelworkszone1/finance/team3/…. ⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛